Thursday, May 5, 2011

Roaring Camp Railroads


"Roaring Camp was the best adventure that we went on." - June 11, 1991

While planning for this "Roaring Camp Railroads" blog and simultaneosly sorting through old momentos from my childhood, I stumbled upon my field trip 'passport' from elementary school.  Some of the trips had a note with their date stamp, however this one definitely took the cake as I wrote there in my 1st grade pen. 

If you're in the area, this is an estimated 1 hour drive from Monterey to Felton (nearby Santa Cruz) and incredibly worth it too.  I will emphasize that while kids truly enjoy Roaring Camp, this would be a fun date and something enjoyable with a group of friends at any age.   

You may view their website by clicking here.

This is a wonderful place to relax in the outdoors with a picnic too.  Do you ever have a childhood memory with a smell linked to it?  I can still imagine the smell of the fresh air mixed with the pretty smell from the redwood trees.  We're planning to go here soon...I can't wait!  

Click events to see a list of what exciting things are arriving soon.  The Starlight Evenings train ride sounds romantic to me.   

For children, they have tickets on sale for their Thomas the Tank Engine event arriving in the end of July and early August...you get a ride on Thomas's train...what little one wouldn't be thrilled?

For older children and adults, they offer an annual Civil War Event including Encampment and Battles...could be very fun for a 10 year old boy or the coolest birthday party ever!

Either way, between the scenery of the gorgeous redwood trees, the history, the fun general store, and a ride on a steam train (I recommend the redwood tree ride)...this is a memory you don't want to miss making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment